Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies

A classic cookie for peanut butter lovers!




We are great fans of peanut butter at our house.  It gets spread on toast, added to a bowl of oatmeal, worked into frosting and of course, our all time favourite, in a classic peanut butter cookie.  My husband gets up in the middle of the night for a glass of milk and is always looking for a cookie to munch.  By far, peanut butter cookies are the ones he requests most often and are his ultimate favourite and I aim to please my resident cookie monster.



I've pulled this recipe from the family archives and tweaked it with the addition of a package of peanut butter chips that gets folded into the dough.  I just love that extra peanut butter flavour that you get in each bite!!




For best results, chill your dough.  The other day my dough came out very soft.  As I was pressed for time, I just baked off one tray and found that they had definately spread too much.  I covered the bowl with plastic wrap, stored in the fridge and came back to the dough the next day.  The dough was well chilled so it was much easier to form balls then.  You want it to feel almost like Play Doh.   Form them into about one inch balls and press lightly with the tines of a fork in both directions to get that classic look that peanut butter cookies are known for.  I'm also careful not to over bake as I like them to be on the softer side.  Every stove cooks at different temperatures but for my oven, I find that 12 minutes does the trick.

This will stock up your cookie jar as it makes about 6 dozen cookies.


Peanut Butter Cookies

by notjustgrilledcheese
Keywords: bake cookie

Ingredients (60 cookies)
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 270 gr. package peanut butter chips (2 cups)
Instructions
In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and both sugars. Beat in the eggs and then stir in the peanut butter.
•In another bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in peanut butter chips.
•Shape into one inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Using the tines of a fork, press gently in both directions to get criss cross lines. If you find the fork sticking, dip the tines in a bit of flour.
•Bake for 12-15 minutes in a 375°F preheated oven rotating sheet half way through cooking time.
Powered by Recipage
   

No comments:

Post a Comment