I have to admit, I am not much of a breakfast person except for on the weekend when no one is feeling rushed and there is lots of time to linger over a big breakfast of bacon and eggs or perhaps pancakes. Through the week, coffee gives me that morning jolt to get me going and later in the morning, I like to grab a muffin. I send one every day with my husband for his grab and go breakfast after a long commute into the city.
There are a whole host of fruits (and veggies too) that can be worked into a muffin batter, but these banana muffins are a favourite! They are so light and delicate and filled with great banana flavour. If you are a fan of banana bread, these muffins will be a hit at your house too! I find that the muffins are lighter - not quite as dense as banana bread but still filled with that great taste we love. What a great way to use up those bananas that may have been hanging around on the counter a little too long.
Enjoy in the morning with your coffee or as a snack with a big glass of milk!
Keywords: bake muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, and bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter and beat to combine.
4. Add banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until ingredients are combined.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
6. Bake at 375°F for 18 - 20 minutes. When a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, the muffins are cooked.
Powered by Recipage